We are looking for people who are willing to tell their story and how they’ve been changed through their loss.
The stories for our blog should inspire and uplift our readers, bereaved parents and their support network, and infuse them with Hope 🕊 and will be published once per month.
Are you interested?
* If you are interested, make sure you read the whole page first!
Grieving Parents Support Network (GPSN) accepts submissions for original 600- to 800-word personal stories about loss and grief. We also welcome multimedia projects such as video and cartoons/illustrations. We look to publish candid pieces about all aspects of child loss, no matter where you are in the process and seek out a wide range of voices.
Most importantly: We’d like to hear what challenged you most in your grief, what you’ve found helpful in those moments.
- Your story needs to be not previously published and will be edited.
- As our tiny team handles all submissions, we will be in touch if we’d like to proceed with your submission.
- Please note, we do not publish poetry or fiction.
Some points to remember
Please make sure what you submit is
- about how you struggled/suffered/have been challenged and how you came through
- about how you found hope and the will or way to survive this
- encouraging reader to find healthy ways of grieving and healing
- conveying hope, without taking away the reality of the struggle
- making the reader feel held, uplifted and supported
- original and never before published anywhere online, including your personal blog
- following the 30/70 rule: 30% about the struggle and 70% about the hope, the uplift, the way you overcame through your struggle
- word count anywhere from 600 – 800 words in length (check word count and write number of words at the end of the text, longer texts will not be accepted)
- free of hyperlinks or self-promotion
- may include your child’s story, but more so it should be about you and how you managed
- your writing, but should not be just a whole medical story
In order to embrace the bereaved parent as a whole and enable everyone to relate, your writing is free of
- religious references and quotes
- cultural or racial comments
- political agendas
- medical beliefs
- profanities or other hateful speech
Your writing may be featured on the blog, we will however not be able to guarantee your piece will be chosen. If you don’t hear from us within 4 weeks, you’re welcome to use your written piece elsewhere.
Please make sure you include the following in your email:
- your full name and email address, that you regularly check
- your written piece, including word count in a word document attachment
- a short hyperlinked bio: a maximum of 3 sentences or about 50 words and 2 links.
By emailing us your written piece, it is implied that you agree to the ‘Intellectual Property Release’ statement or your writing cannot be published on the GPS blog.
We are looking forward to receiving your written piece by email.