Supporting grieving parents this holiday season with a special giving advent calendar – will you join us?
You are welcome to download any of the Advent Calendar images on this page and share them on social media, just right click on the image and Save Image to your personal device.
Grieving Parents Support Network Advent Calendar
What is the traditional Advent Calendar?
I (Nathalie) grew up with the advent calendar tradition where children or adults are given an advent calendar to celebrate the days leading up to Christmas. The traditional calendars typically have a little window that opens to reveal an image relating to the season. More recently, the industry caught on and produced calendars including candy or chocolate under each window. If given personally, the recipient has a gift to unwrap each day between December 1st and 24th. This tradition has been adopted by many persons in Europe and North America, whether they celebrate Christmas or are Christians.
What is the Grieving Parents Advent Calendar?
Though the Grieving Parents Support Network is not a religious platform, we celebrate the tradition of GIVING — especially the gift of love and support — during the holiday season, which we know all too well can be a difficult season for many of us.
We hope these gifts, many which are lovingly hand-made by our donors, will be a particularly loving support over the holidays. The monetary value of the gifts is of little – what matters is the support we put forth for grieving parents worldwide by coming together and sharing during the Advent season with this special event.
How Does the Grieving Parents Advent Calendar Work?
We will post daily in December on our Facebook page announcing the gift for that day. Parents can enter their friends in the spirit of giving by tagging them. In many cases, this will be reciprocated and this shows their support and love for one another.
All tagged individuals (not the tagger) will be entered in the random drawing for that gift. Only one entry per person per day; but any one person may be entered as many days as you like. That means our followers can enter as many friends as they want each day!
How Do I Join the Advent Calendar Event?
There are two ways to participate in the Advent Calendar:
1. Join us as a GIFT DONOR with a gift for the grieving parents’ community — see full details below under Gift Donor.
2. Join as a PARTICIPANT by following the event and tagging your friends to enter them to win a gift — see additional details below under Participants.
Are you able to offer books, jewelry, memorial art, gift box, your services or any other item to be gifted as part of this event?
We will gratefully showcase your product/service and page/website during one day in December. Your generous gift will be shared with the Grieving Parents Support Network community, providing you with extensive exposure among our followers (currently over 13,300) and their networks.
In the spirit of reciprocity, we do ask that you also share about the event and your participation on your own website and FB/IG pages as follows…
Share in Advance: Prior to December 1st
- Share the Advent Calendar Facebook Event page. This will help spread awareness of the event and increase participation.
- Share the “we contributed” image on your website and social media platforms. Use the image above to proudly show you are a gift donor for this event!
- Share the contributor’s image. Towards the end of November, once all gift donors are confirmed, we will create a custom image showcasing all contributors. Please share this image as well! You will find it on the Advent Calendar Facebook event page and the Grieving Parents Support Network Facebook page.
- We will add your Facebook page to pages liked by the GPS Network; we would appreciate if you would do the same.
Share During the Event: December 1st-24th
- Share about your gift and when it will be gifted on our Advent Calendar
- Share about any other gift being given away on Advent Calendar
- Share the recipient of your gift either with your own announcement or/or sharing our post
What You Need to Know About Gifting for this Event
- Your gift may be any of the following: your services (for example grief support, reiki, etc), books, jewelry, art, gift cards to your shop or other products that serve to support grieving parents.
- There are no guidelines regarding the monetary value of your gift. We ask only that your gift is of value to the recipient as a real representation of love and support.
- You will need to deliver your gift to the randomly selected recipient. As our network is global and we do expect worldwide participants, this means you may need to ship internationally (we do ask that you cover this cost as part of your gift).
- You may also deliver your gift electronically via online download or by email.
- Each day’s recipient will be randomly selected by Nathalie Himmelrich from the comments and shares for that particular post. She will then send you the name of the selected recipient and direct them to contact with their address for delivery of their gift. You then send or ship the gift directly to the recipient.
- All gifts are given freely without any expectation of additional purchases or continued business from the recipient or the Grieving Parents Support Network and our followers.
I’m Ready to Sign Up as a Gift Donor!
We are so excited that you will join with us as a gift donor for this meaningful event! Please complete our Advent Calendar Gift Donor Google Form so we receive your complete details and learn more about your gift.
Only 24 spots are available and will be filled on a first come first served basis. The entry deadline is November 25th and spots are filling up quickly, so don’t delay!
Advent Calendar Participants
If you like to take part in this, simply follow the Grieving Parents Support Network page on FB and join the event here. On December 1st we will announce the first gift.
How You Can Participate
In the spirit of giving and sharing you can enter a friend in the gift drawing by tagging them. If you’re lucky (and a good friend), your friend will most likely tag you back! A couple notes:
- Tag only ONE friend per comment = one entry for your friend (and only one entry per individual friends per day)
- Tag as many friends as you want each day = no limit on the number of individual friends you can tag per day (each in a different comment)
- Share the original post with the gift on your personal page, your business page or in a public group = one entry for you (your share needs to be set to PUBLIC so we can see it)
- Encourage your friends to TAG YOU back!
Thank you for joining us for this event, either as a gift donor or as a participant!
❥ Please share the Grieving Parents Advent Calendar event on your page, with friends who are on this journey with you and in any groups that allow sharing this kind of event.
¸.•´*¨`*•✿ Follow Grieving Parents Support Network for event updates and previews